Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Revisions Hell!

Current read: Goal, Motivation, & Conflict by Debra Dixon

So, what am I doing, you ask? Well, you didn't.  Maybe the voices in my head did but I'll answer you both anyway.

I am in the process of revising and re-writing not one but TWO stories.  One for a LooseID call for submissions and one for the FOUR requests that I received at the RT Convention.  

This is hell.  It's not just that I have to change parts of the plot, but also the characters themselves.  Plus, I have like fifteen different rad ideas for stories that are hammering me to be written but I can't until after I've finished what I'm doing.  That is worse than hell.  It's like being in hell and being forced to watch Steven Sagal movies over and over again until you want to drive stakes into your head.  It's that bad.  

But I guess that's the joy and the pain of writing.  Some days I love it and some days I want to crawl into a hole and die.  Or do something gloriously melodramatic to fit in with my crazy creative mind.  Like cut off an ear.  Van Gogh was the shit!

Sorry this is so short but my CPs are yelling at me to go finish my word count for the day.

Later gators!

Oh, and go on over to the Vixens blog to find out which two Vixens slept together to win a prize!

2 comments:

Tricia Leigh Wood said...

I'm with you, edits and revisions are hell. I have three books to do lots of revisions on.

My goal si to get them out the door no later than Friday of next week and I still have another synopsis to write.

Helen Hardt said...

I hear you! I have some revising to do myself. But it must be done...