Monday, July 27, 2009

Book Blog

So I know I should just call this a 'book blog' and forget about the 'Sunday' part. It's just ridiculous. Just to let you know where I am in the process, I just mailed off my Cover Art form as well as the Blurb form to LooseID. The blurb form was hardest. I have a terrible time writing short. I tend to ramble but I got it done and I hope they like it. Now all I am doing is waiting for my edits and I'll be off again.

Now for the books...


Ever since witnessing the murder of her family by the Russian mob, Ani has been in hiding. But that changes when a family comes to her in dire need and she does the one thing that she shouldn't. Contacts someone from her past. Now the Russians are after her and the only person she trusts is the one man she can't have. Daniel, her WITSEC inspector.

I know that this is a short description but it fits perfectly, as do Ani and Daniel. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this story! Ms. McCray, as well as Lora Leigh, deliver a romantic suspense just the way I want it, plenty of action and loads of hot sex. Seriously! The book practically burned my hands. This is exactly the tine that I want to set with y romantic suspenses. And the sex here is done wonderfully so that it doesn't detract from the story and is not superfluous (I love that word). The only gripe that I had is that when Ani first entered WITSEC, she was a size 22 and now she's a size 8 but this fact is almost a throwaway. I'm not saying that this should have been harped on, but for me, it was significant. I just wished it had been focused on a bit more but there was plenty of other action that I soon forgot about all my questions.

RATING: RUN!!!!!


Esme Worthington is a scholar minding her own business when scoundrels break into her London home and abduct her. Their cause? Finding Pandora's Box and the key she is supposed to possess. Luckily, Esme is rescued by Fielding Grey, Marquess of Eldon. He is also a Legend Hunter and has been hired to retrieve Pandora's Box. He finds the box but can't leave her behind. Soon, the two embark on a journey of passion beyond their widest imaginations.

Again, the above is why I am not a blurb writer.

Anyhoo, this was my first book by Ms. DeHart and I have to say that I enjoyed it. Having never read her, I didn't know what to expect but what I got was a pleasant read. I enjoyed Esme and Fielding. I think that they worked well in the story. Esme marks my recent run of older heroines. Usually in historicals, I prefer young virgins (why did that sound wrong?) but I have been expanding my horizons.

There was good tension and sizzle between the H/H and very nice love scenes. All in all, enough to make me want to finish the book and look forward to the next in the series.

RATING: SPEED WALK

Until Wednesday!

No comments: