Monday, July 14, 2008

Sunday Book Blog

I know that this is going to be a very popular feature of the Smut Blog (as I've decided to call it in just this last second). As usual, I spent a day at BN. Can I just say again how much I LOVE bookstores?

Anyhoo, my book blog will appear every Sunday or as close as I can get. This week we have two of my favorite authors, La Nora and Angela Knight.

First, can we talk about Nora Roberts? Anyone who is anyone in publishing should know about her. She is one of the most successful authors in romance let alone any other genre. The woman is a marvel. She puts out something like 3 books a year. That is amazing. One of the things they tell aspiring authors is that they should be prolific. Well, Nora is the definition of prolific. I hope to model my career after her and anyone who wants to write any type of popular fiction should feel the same.

Tribute by Nora Roberts

The Summary:

Cilla, a washed up former child star, moves to Virginia to rehab the house that once belonged to her grandmother, a famous Hollywood starlet who tragically killed herself in the prime of her life. Once there she meets Ford, a graphic novelists, who sees her and decides to use her as fodder for his latest project.

All seems well. She finds some letters in the attic that leaves her wondering if her grandmother's death was really a suicide. Then someone starts a campaign of intimidation to get her to leave. She and Ford fall in love. They solve the mystery of her grandmother and everyone lives happily ever after.

Okay, first off, I enjoyed the story. I'm rarely disappointed with Nora. I think there was only one, Northern Lights, that I wasn't able to get through. I really liked the H/H. Nora does a really good Beta hero that I hope to emulate (because in my current WIP my hero is a Beta hero). Ford is not a macho guy but he's steady and sexy in a geeky way (again, love the geeks).

I only have a couple beefs. First, the sex scenes could have been a little more. Had some oomph. Also, I think it was a bit too long (it was told in 3 parts). The story with the grandmother was interesting. I didn't like the way it ended. There was some loose ends for me. But overall it was an enjoyable read and if you like Nora, you'll like this.

I still don't have a rating system. I want one fun and kitchy like on Talk Sex with her Hibachi of Love. But until then, just go buy it.

Warrior: The Time Hunters

The Summary:

Jessica, a 21st Century artist, is seemingly targeted for death by 24th C. art thieves so they send Temporal Enforcement agents to save her. It turns out that it's not so simple as art theft. Actually, it's a big, bad, mercenary who tries to kill her. The time agent, Galar, is assigned to guard her until they can figure out why she was targeted by these people. They fall into bed and fall in love. Meanwhile, the assassin is still on the loose and wants Jessica. Jessica, meanwhile, has been infected with Alien DNA and they think that she's a traitor. She gets involved in some sort of religious war and ends up happily ever after with Galar.

Oh, Angela. Another one of those always on my must buy list.

I liked this story. It seems to be an offshoot of Jane's Warlord (a book I LOVED with a passion!!!!!). I liked the H/H. The sex scenes were HOTT! I did get a bit confused in the plot. I'm not sure what the Selas (read the book!) actually were. It seemed just a bit thin to me and some things were too easily resolved. It left it open-ended because I think it's the start of a new series. I'll definitely read the next one.

I say buy it. The reviews on Amazon are extremely favorable. And it's Angela Knight. Enough said.

No comments: