Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Book Blog

Well, look at me.  Delivering the book blog on time!  I deserve something for that.  Please send chocolate.  

Anyway, I know I promised you an announcement on my Whatever Wednesday blog but I got distracted my menages.  Hmmm...Colin and Gerard.  But never fear, my announcement will definitely come on Wednesday and involve a contest and sex.  Lots of sex!

STAY TUNED!

And now onto the blog


Taite Gibson is not a woman to walk away from a fight but how does one fight both a stalker and a...werewolf?  By running.  That's exactly what she does right into the arms of reclusive horror author and werewolf expert Ryder Alexander.  The attraction between them burn high and hot from the moment they lay eyes on each other.  There's just one problem.  Taite may have escaped one wolf only to find herself in the arms of another.

Okay, let me preface this by saying that I really enjoyed this book.  Ryder was HOTT!!! Taite was a good match for him.  The chemistry felt real and right.  The sex was great and again, hot.  So it worked for me. 

Now, my problem?  The insta-love.  

Yes, you heard me right folks.  I am a romance writer who doesn't believe in love at first sight.  

I'm all for insta-sex.  In fact, I'm a big proponent of it.  Especially in erotic romance.  The more sex the sooner all the better.  But love?  That takes some time.  And excuse me, but three days is not enough time to accept that the man you love is a werewolf.  I'm not saying that you wouldn't come to that acceptance, but I'm saying that it's later rather than sooner.  Hell, women have a hard enough time trying not to scream at their mates for leaving the toilet seat up in the middle of the night.  

But a werewolf?  

I'm just saying. 

RATING: SPEED WALK


For two years, Kane Winter has been haunted by the mysterious death of his bounty hunting partner Duke.  And by the hauntingly beautiful woman who may or may not have been at the scene.  To find out the truth about his partner, he does his own investigating and in the process starts killing vampires.  When he finally meets the woman from his dreams, he finds she's the very thing that he's been hunting but that does little to deter his hunger for him.  Kendall is a Hunter, part of an elite paramilitary group of paranormal beings that hunt evil in the world.  The sparks fly between them and soon enough between the sheets.  The only problem is that they're being stalked by someone who won't stop until Kendall is dead.

I love Shiloh Walker.  I know she's really big in the e-pubs but I discovered her by reading her book 'The Missing' a few weeks ago.  (An aside: the book was an IR and I loved it but my problem was that although heroine was black, she was light enough to 'pass.'  Let the dark skinned ladies get their man!)

Sorry.  I guess that this book is part of a series but I didn't know and it didn't interfere with my enjoyment of the book so don't worry about it. 

Anyway Kane and Kendall practically scorch off the pages and then there's the dirty talk.  I'm a sucker for a potty mouth in bed.  (Literally!)  The story is complicated but not overly so.  It's also written in parts which I felt was unnecessary.

My peeves?  One, it was never really explained what Kane was.  He was human but he had some kick-ass psychic powers.  Two, the epilogue.  Read the book, you'll get it.

RATING: RUN 

Until next week!

Later Gators.


2 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

I'm a huge proponent of insta-love, insta-sex, and werewolves, so I'm betting I'd love Sherrill's story, LOL. And Shiloh, yes she's good. I discovered her at EC. Very good stuff!

H.

Tricia Leigh Wood said...

What is the best werewolf romance you've read?