Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sunday Book Bias

So about ten minutes after I completed the Sunday Book Blog this week, I realized that all of my 'reviews' are very biased in that I have not-and WILL NOT- review a book that I don't enjoy. And that is a very conscious effort on my part for many reasons.

One, I don't read books that I don't enjoy. I have no qualms about putting down a book 1/2 way through or even 3/4 of the way and never picking it back up again ever. My time is precious and I don't waste it.

Two, I don't get paid to review books. Please refer to reason number one. I don't read books I don't like and I don't waste my time. Getting paid to review books is not wasting my time. There are several websites that do reviews very well. A couple of my favorites: Karen Knows Best, Dear Author, and Smart Bitches, Trashy Books. I suggest that you visit them religiously like I do. These women are on it. They have all the buzz in the industry and they're just smart and funny peeps.

And three, I'm in the business. I hope to meet them someday and I want to make a good impression. I'm trying to get the stink eye from Carolyn Jewel at the next RWA conference. I don't need to be boxing in the lobby. I will throw down.

So that's a 'Just In Case' someone wants to knock me for my 'reviews.'

No comments: