Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In the Interest of Full Disclosure

Because I want my blog to be a true representation of a writer's life, I want everyone to know the good and the bad.

Unfortunately, today I only have the bad.

I just received a (second) rejection on one of my erotic novellas.  Really my only erotic novella because I don't write them often.  It sucks.  I've been waiting for 8 weeks for a reply and I crossed my fingers that it would be good news.  I guess it just wasn't meant to be.  Maybe after NaNo, I'll try submitting it again.  

I need to look on the bright side.  It could be a good thing.  I recently entered my romantic suspense in the Golden Heart contest through RWA and I'd have to rescind it if I got a contract for 20,000 words or more.  So, now I wait until March to hear if I'm a finalist.  It's a long wait but it won't kill me.  

This rejection won't kill me.

It just maimed me a little.

No comments: